New Student Registration
Who Can Enroll a Student
Only a parent/guardian may register a student. Step-parents or other relatives require a notarized statement/school patron form signed by legal parent/guardian or a court order. A student must be five years old on or before September 1 to begin kindergarten.
Please click the following link to verify your zoned school: What's My School? Street name only (do not use Ave, Street, Blvd, Court, etc.)
Parents/Guardians registering their student for the first time in Volusia County Schools must provide the following documents before their student can start school:
- The student's original birth certificate (not hospital certificate)
- An immunization record signed by a physician (HRS 680 form)
- A Florida Physical form (DH3040) signed by a licensed Florida medical authority and completed within one year of registration date.
- Student's Social Security Card
- TWO proofs of residence (e.g. lease, power bill, water bill)
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license/identification
Verification of Academic History
- Most current transcript or last Report Card
- Verification of ESE (Exceptional Student Education) Information or Current IEP (Individual Education Plan—if applicable)
- Current 504 Plan (if applicable)
- Withdrawal form from previous school
How to register your student using paper Student Entry Form
When completing the Student Entry Form, please fill out the gray shaded areas only. Please answer the Home Language Survey and mail your completed form to your zoned school with "ATTN: Registrar."
You may also visit your student's school to pick up a registration form and complete it there.
- English Version Student Entry Form: Download the Student Entry Form (English version)
- Spanish Version Student Entry Form: Download the Student Entry Form (Spanish version)
How to register your student into Volusia County Schools online
Before you can register your student, you must first create a Parent Portal account. This portal will be used throughout your student’s academic career to provide a real-time view of your student’s grades, attendance, assessments, and important announcements.
For the protection of your student’s confidential information, we have created the following secure procedures. A valid email address is needed to create your Parent Portal account and will become your portal username.
Go to the district website https://www.vcsedu.org/, select the Parents tab, then Parent Portal
Or go directly to https://volusia.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/auth
- Click the option to create a Parent Portal account
- Enter the Parent/Guardian information in all the required fields
- Enter the Parent/Guardian First Name as it appears on your Driver’s License
- Enter the Parent/Guardian Last Name as it appears on your Driver’s License
- Enter a valid Email Address, this email address will be your username (VCS employees use a personal email address and not your VCS-issued email)
- Create Password to sign into the Parent Portal
- Retype Password to verify the password
- Check the box I’m not a robot
- Click Submit
Click I would like to APPLY FOR ENROLLMENT for a new child.
Enter the Student’s First Name, Student’s Last Name and Student’s Birth date, then click Begin Application
Note: The field labeled “Language” is the language available for viewing the application.
You will then see Apply for Enrollment Student Entry Form. Follow the instructions within the enrollment application to complete and submit.
You may save your progress in the application. Should you need to return at a later time to complete the enrollment, go to https://volusia.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/apply/ and select Continue Application / Returning Students.
Click the link below if you need a printable copy of more detailed instructions for accessing and using the parent portal.