Westside's Night Alive
WNA is funded by a 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) to provide academic and enrichment services throughout the school year to targeted students, families and the community through:
- Afterschool - servicing 125 students each school day;
- Adult Evening Programs;
- Summer Camps;
- Special Presentations, Events, Programs and Field Trips;
WNA Provides FREE for students:
- Academics: Reading, math, science and character education;
- Tutoring: Reading, math and science;
- FCAT Camp;
- Homework Help;
- Computer Lab;
- Service Learning Projects and Community Service Opportunities;
- Recreation, physical education and team sports;
- Activities: Cheerleading, music, art, dance, drama, tennis;
- Special events and field trips;
- Summer Camp
If you wish to donate to "Westside's Night Alive" fund, please contact us at:
Westside Elementary's Night Alive
1700 Fifth Street
Daytona Beach., FL
Make checks payable to: Westside's Night Alive
Contributions are tax deductible.
Robert Maltoni & Michael Utter
(386) 274 - 3400
WNA provides FREE for adults:
- Open Media, computer usage or computer training;
- G.E.D. and Adult Basic Education;
- Health - Aerobics;
- Walking Club - Fitness Park;
- Book Club;
- Special Events
The hours for WNA are as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 3:15 -6:00 P.M.
The results of periodic WNA program (formative) evaluations available to the public upon request, Please contact Anthony Coplein at 274-3400, ext. 52453.
Grants and contributions secured thus far have provided the opportunity to offer the services listed above, plus the development of "The Field of Dreams," including a walking track, outdoor lighting, new sod, irrigation, tennis courts and a fitness park. Honoring Mrs. Judi Winch, Principal of Westside Elementary School, for her developmental, fundraising and leadership efforts in creating and developing Westside's Night Alive and The Field of Dreams. "The Judith E. Winch Field of Dreams Park for Dreaming and Grieving" was presented in a dedication ceremony October 22, 2009.
Additional funds are needed to sustain and expand WNA and the Field of Dreams. Our goal is to raise an additional $250,000 for this project. Our theme at Westside Elementary is "Now Boarding... Westside's Train to Success!"
Do not hesitate to phone or email for additional discussion or information. Thank you.
Coach Maltoni & Coach Utter, WNA Program Directors